Scalarworks LEAP/MRO Mount - Trijicon MRO (Lower-Third)
LEAP/MRO - State of the art Trijicon MRO mount.
The ideal Trijicon MRO mount should weigh nothing, take up no space, return to zero, hold zero under recoil and when dropped, require no tools to adjust, and look good doing all of it. The Leap is as close to that impossible standard as any optic mount has ever come.
The Leap mount features an even stronger thumbscrew and clamp with discreet hardened steel pins and a built-in stopper to indicate when it's sufficiently open to clear a Picatinny rail. Its frame has a slight forward lean to give added clearance to magnifiers, and the side pockets are chamfered for increased finger clearance.
- MATERIALS: 7075-T6 Aluminum Alloy (Mil-A-8625 Type III Hard Coat Anodizing) / 4140H Steel Alloy (Black Nitride™)
- WEIGHT: 41.0g (1.45oz) SW0510 + 1.8g (0.06oz) SCREWS
- HEIGHT OVER RAIL: 40mm (1.57") SW0510 - OPTIC CENTER *
- ORIGIN: USA
- WARRANTY: Lifetime
- OPTICS: Trijicon MRO, MRO Patrol
- FIREARMS: AR-15, AR-10, SCAR, Tavor and similar with MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny Rail
LIGHT MADE RIGHT
- The lightest Trijicon MRO Quick-Detach mount
- Engineered to be the lightest Quick-Detach mount possible, without compromising an ounce of strength. The Leap carries on the Scalarworks tradition of industry leading strength-to-weight.
- The Leap Mount is the strongest Trijicon MRO Quick-Detach mount we've ever tested.
- In order to collect more comprehensive and repeatable data than a simple drop test can provide, we put a variety of mounts on a digital test stand capable of exerting up to 1500lbs of force. We analyze load versus displacement data, both during development and after production, to ensure that the Leap Mount is the toughest Quick-Detach mount on the market.
- A highly efficient clamp design guarantees precise operation and unprecedented rigidity: It features an oversize hooded thru-hole to buttress the thumbscrew's shank, which is the maximum possible diameter to fit a Picatinny channel. A pair of hardened steel precision ground pins is press fitted to the clamp and act as guides.
- During it's development, the Leap mount was subjected to dozens of stress tests before a single prototype was ever made. Finite Element Analysis (FEA) helped extract every bit of performance from every gram of material. This cutting edge design process has resulted in the most efficient mount design possible.
SMOOTH IS FAST
- The sleekest Trijicon MRO Quick-Detach mount
- Designed with no protruding levers or knobs to rap your knuckles, or get caught on clothing, gear, and surroundings. The Scalarworks Leap mount is as narrow as many bolt-on mounts, putting it in a class of it's own.
- Unlike conventional thumbscrews that rely on torque to resist vibration loosening, our patented Quantum Quick-Detach mechanism has an internal ball detent that makes it completely recoil proof, while requiring only enough torque to firmly clamp onto a Picatinny rail. Decoupling torque from vibration resistance allows the Quantum QD system to be as intuitive, fast, and self adjusting as any traditional thumbscrew, but without needing a giant knob to keep it from shaking loose. The Quantum QD's recessed head is carefully designed to deflect external impacts, while letting you take the mount off in under 3 seconds, with or without gloves on.