Protech TR-5 Lerch Spring Assisted Knife Black - 3.25" Stonewash SA.1
Protech has added a spring assisted model to their Tactical Response lineup, the TR-5. Similar in design to the TR-4 auto, the TR-5 is smaller and more pocket-friendly. The assisted opening mechanism was developed by custom knifemaker and designer Matthew Lerch. Unlike most spring assisted knives, the TR-5 offers almost instant Assist engagement that is powerful. Sufficient force is required to activate the mechanism, providing an added measure of safety. Best of all, the Protech TR-5 Assist is legal to carry in most places.
This TR-5 model has a black anodized aluminum handle with a two-tone black back spacer/lanyard attachment, and a deep carry tip-up pocket clip. The blade is stonewashed and outfitted with a thumb stud opener. The plunge lock enables safe use and provides solid lockup. Protech's TR-5 is an impressive addition to their lineup and boasts their longstanding build-quality and performance.
Spring Assist – Button Lock As with spring assist knives in general you have to start the opening with your own force:
- Simply push forward the thumb stud – once you overcome the bias towards the closed position, the superior coil spring action of a Pro-Tech takes it the rest of the way open.
- To close the knife – push the button to unlock and fold closed.
- You will feel the resistance as you get close to folding it back into the frame – this is normal. Push past that and bring the blade to rest back in the handle. The strong resistance while closing is necessary due to our strong spring action!
- The TR-5 also has a hardened 416 stainless steel glass breaker/lanyard pass through and discreet deep carry pocket clip.
- Overall: 7.66” Long
- Weight: 3.5 oz
- Blade: 3.3” Long / 1.1” Wide / .125” Thick
- Handle: 4.36” Long / 1.1” Wide / .48” Thick